Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Mulder Summer Tradition at Platte Lake - Day 1, Sunday August 9.




Since 1993, the Mulder clan has held an annual summer gathering at Platte Lake. It is always the second week of August, when Lake Michigan is finally warm. In the last 16 years, we have only missed two years: 1995 when Gabi was born and 1999 when Ken and Emily were married. This year I am going to chronicle our week. Each day I will talk about one of our Platte Lake traditions and also share a video clip of a favorite cabin memory (compliments of our various family members).


This morning we played a game of whiffle ball. This is one of our newer cabin traditions. We started about six years ago, shortly after Jessie joined the family (I think it started because we knew that Jessie was good at baseball). It has been a big hit and we especially enjoy the unique rules related to the venue of the Waldie's cottage. Today's game was a real nail biter with Craig's team pulling out a victory in the last inning.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th Birthday Kevin!!!!!
Love, Bea