
Today is our last full day as we pack up to leave on Saturday. This year has been unusual as we have been missing Ken (work) and Bea (her mother is very ill). In addition, Keith and Lisa are in Texas and Celia and Hannah had to work a lot. It is never the same when the gang is not all together.
Since we were a smaller group today (Kevin left on Thursday to take Gabi to high school orientation), we decided to visit a few nearby wineries. Craig, Kathi, Tara, Graham (Tara's friend), Brenda, Bryan, Jessie, Laurel and I visit four wineries. Our favorites were Mawby and Blackstar farms.
I hope you all have enjoyed my daily Platte Lake updates. I would love for you to add any comments about this year or any of your memories from previous years.
The final "video memory" is from Tara.
1 comment:
Thanks, Cliff for a great overview. I think the week at Platt Lake is one of the things that has helped to keep our family close - and the memories will always be with us.
Cliff asked me to comment the history of our involvement at Platt Lake. It goes back to the very early 60's when I was working at Blodgett ER and Esther VanHammen also worked there. she told me about their cabin (the one Kathi and Craig use) which we could rent for $35 a week. For three or four years we went up there and then as Craig, Kevin and Cliff were a bit older we decided to use our vacation time traveling.
I cannot recall how I discovered that the VanHammens had purchased additional cabins and could accomodate our growing family. At that point we had tried a few camping events with mixed results and the idea of a roof over our heads sounded good. So thus we are today ! Gram
Post a Comment